Indiana - The Way to the Boy's Heart is Through His Stomach

Click For All Indiana Pics and More Indiana Stuff

In Indiana we saw what it was like in the 1800's. Given the time of year, we were also doing some special activities. We went to ComedySportz, Conner Prairie Interactive History Park, Indianapolis Speedway, and Father's birthday activities.

ComedySportz is a great idea. It is a funny competition of comedy where they have two teams. Personally I prefer Second City from our Alaskan cruise. Since ComedySportz had a score board, they could keep score throughout the evening. That made it a little more like a competition.

After that is Conner Prairie. Surprising as it is, Conner Prairie is actually a historic town that has houses where you can walk inside. We can't tell you how it looks in the day, but we do know how it looks at night because we went on their candlelight tour. Because they only have it during winter, we were blessed to be there at the right time. Luckily, the only bad part about the tour was the cold.

The rest of the tour was really fun. They had volunteers that were stationed at every house along the walk. After telling you their names and giving you information about the house, neighbors, city, or almost anything, they told a riveting short story about the town or neighbors. Every house had a different story. Tending to her sick husband, the wife told us her story.  Where in another house, the topic was a family getting ready for Christmas. Surprisingly, in one house there was even a party which means they provided us with hot cocoa and a ginger cookie. Because of the food, the tour went up another notch for me.

Apparently the Indianapolis Speedway is a big thing. I don't know much about race cars. Seeing the evolution of the race car was really cool though. The first race cars were pretty scary and, well, old. Chloe complained that they didn't have seatbelts. I liked the bullet cars from about 1970. Chloe and I also were able to sit in a model race car. It actually had enough legroom for me and a five year old kid to sit in there. Since then, I still haven't learned much about race cars.

My dad's birthday happened while we were in Indiana, and that was one of the most fun days on the trip. First we ate at P.F. Chang's China Bistro. Since they have some of the best sweet and sour chicken ever, I think they are in my top three Chinese restaurants. My mom and dad always order the lettuce wraps. Watching the movie Tangled in 3D was fun as well. Apparently they have improved the 3D technology from the old green and red glasses. The movie didn't use much 3D, but the parts that were in 3D were really good. That was my favorite part about the day.

Lastly dad took us to the Melting Pot for dessert. Since we had already eaten dinner at P.F. Chang's, we just ordered their chocolate fondue dip. That was amazing. I loved the rice crispy treats dunked in chocolate. Wishing I could have that again is easy.

Indiana was loads of fun. I loved Dad's birthday, ComedySportz, Conner Prairie, and the Indianapolis Speedway. Now I just want to see what it was like in the 60's when my dad was born.

-The Son

No comments:

Post a Comment