The Other Side of Christmas is Always Snowier.


I was starting to get a little depressed thinking about all the things I’d miss about Christmas next year while we’re on the road, so I decided to make a list of the things that I won’t miss:

  • Tackling the annual Christmas card – can you tell what I should be doing right now??
  • Of course, I already mentioned in my last blog receiving those few, braggy letters in the mail. Do we really need to hear about their new iPhone and becoming president of the Hall Monitors?
  • Feeling like everything has to be perfect. I’m not Martha Stewart any other time of the year, why do I suddenly think my packages and decorations need to look like a Martha Stewart work of art now?
  • Cleaning up after an afternoon of decorating cookies – how is it possible to get sprinkles on the ceiling fan???
  • The detangle-ing of the Christmas lights, and the discovery that half of them inevitably don’t work…surprise, surprise. If I switch over to all LED, will I ever have this problem again? That would be worth it!
  • Taking down and putting away the tree and the outside decorations…Let’s just go all out here and say taking down & putting away EVERYTHING! It’s just so, so blah and hum-drum afterwards - welcome to January. Bleck.
  • The crazy, busyness of the season. Do we really need to attend the Christmas program at Doggie Daycare?!
  • The long lines. The ones at the grocery store, the discount store, the department store, the drug store, the specialty store, the coffee shop, and most of all at the post office.
  • The pressure of finding the perfect gift. What!? A Snuggie won’t work for everyone???
  • Eggnog and fruitcake!! Double Bleck.  Need I say more?
- Mom

1 comment:

  1. LOL...
    What do you mean a snuggie won't work for everyone???? (a look of shock & dismay!!!!!) And what about fruitcake & eggnog.... both are health foods, aren't they???? (bleck, is totally right on those... yukkyyyyyyyy!)
    Haven't got the hang of how to sign what I write so you will have to guess until I figure it out ;)

    ReplyDelete