365 Day Trip Preparation – Chapter 4 Basic Necessities


So you’re going on a trip for 365 days around the USA, and you’ll be hitting every beach, water park, lake, river, stream, and swimming pool there is. What is the first necessity you need? A new swim suit, of course!

Last year, I went to buy a new suit, but silly me, I waited until May! Am I the only person who wore a faded, stretched out, chlorine-eaten suit last year because the new ones were all picked over by MAY?? Good grief.

Well, I made that mistake only once. This year, yes, in early March, while wearing my winter coat and gloves, I went swimsuit shopping. Oh, and if you’re laughing at me - the swimsuit department was quite crowded. In fact, they were already getting picked over. I suggest you run, don’t walk, to the store to get one today – while they still have something in your size.

As for the other basic necessities, they “pale” in comparison to a new swim suit...

-The Mom (the practical one, well maybe not in this case..)

1 comment: