Duck...Duck...Duck...Raccoon!

OK, first you have to understand that our 9 year old daughter's nickname is "Twitter" because she will spout out anything at any moment...many times unexpectedly.  In the three times she's been asked what her favorite state is going to be, she's replied differently each time.  All this to say, the answer below was not what we expected to hear from our animal loving, wanting to be a veterinarian, daughter.

"The most adventurous thing I want to do on the trip is eat weird food such as goose, duck, and raccoon. I wouldn't eat horses or bunnies because they are some of my favorite animals and it wouldn't be right to eat them. One other thing, I will go in the ocean once. The other times my family will have to drag me in because I hate oceans.

There are 3 reasons I hate oceans. One - they are sooooooo very salty. I love salt, but oceans have too much salt. Two - when you go under water you can't open your eyes unless you have goggles. Even if you have goggles on you can't see because it's so dirty. Three - in the water there are stingrays, sharks, jellyfish, and much more. Those are the three reasons I don't want to go in the ocean that much."

- the daughter
(I was looking forward to getting a dog again after the trip...guess I'll have to make sure it's not on my daughter's menu first...)

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time reading your blog and I only read the most recent post, but felt I had to let your daughter know that there are a lot of beaches on Cape Cod that you can open your eyes and see your feet. The water is crystal clear and beautiful. At low tide you can collect sand dollars by either feeling them with your feet or looking for them. There are no sharks, sting rays and only baby jelly fish that look like globs of jelly. The water goes way out and you can find the most beautiful shells along with seaglass and the sand dollars..... Mayflower Beach in Dennis. Your tirp will not be complete without visiting this perfect beach off RT 6A in Dennis Massachesetts...... Don't miss it.. and have a ball .. j
    Valerie Hewitt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so happy that AOL highlighted your project which led me to your blog. I will follow your progress and wish you a blessed journey. As for what to see in GA (my home state), Atlanta has much to offer, but don't forget Savannah and the N. Georgia Mountains (Dahlonega is a pretty college town). Thanks for what you are undertaking and God Speed.
    By the way, I have been an organ doner for 20+years!

    ReplyDelete