Leavin' in a Minivan...Don't Know When I'll Be Back Again







We’ve been looking forward to this trip for so long, that I was a little surprised by how difficult it was to leave.

These last 4 weeks, since we got an offer on the house, were a frenzy of activity. We were so busy going through the motions of getting ready to leave that we barely had time to think, let alone cry. Well, I made up for that…

I cried as I walked to a friend’s house for one last morning exercise. I rang the doorbell, tears streaming down, nose running, and asked for a Kleenex…nice greeting, huh? I cried when the hubby and I stood together gazing out our patio door one last time. I cried when we walked out after the closing, with the realization that we had no home to go to – only our van.

The most embarrassing, though, was crying in the bank as we waited in the teller line. The assistant branch manager, who I met just last week when we rented a safe deposit box, even gave me a hug!

Of course, I cried when we picked up our kids from a good friend’s house, and we said our final goodbyes.

Sadly, the day we departed, I found out a relative of a family friend will be going on the waiting list. It sure brought a sense of urgency to our mission of promoting organ donation…Colorado here we come!

- The Mom

2 comments:

  1. Shared the shedding tears thing with you.... both sad ones and happy ones.

    It was very like many of your other firsts... first day you left for kindergarden, first day you left for Australia & Europe during your college years, first day you left make your own home, first day you left the hospital as a new mom.... all wonderfully exciting and tearfilled moments that make life so special.

    Keep pursuing your dreams, my amazing child, and I will love and support you always. Just sign me the teary-eyed Mom's Mom and Proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, now you made me cry again, and I thought I was finished crying!

    ReplyDelete