04/30/2010 - Day 3 CO - Snow, Golf, and Giraffes


We think the kids would like blogging...if it wasn't part of their schoolwork:

"The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo was great! There was a ton of animals such as tigers, bears, eagles, penguins, giraffes, and gorillas. My favorite thing was feeding the giraffes. Did you know that giraffes have really long purple tongues? When we fed the giraffes, I fed a baby giraffe, and I saw an even smaller baby giraffe than the one I was feeding!

One of the things that looked fun was the ski lift, but we didn't know that it closed at 3:00 so we couldn't ride it because we were saving it for last. My favorite animals were the elephants and the snow leopard. I liked the elephants because we saw them when they were learning how to do tricks, and I liked the snow leopards. They were being very active. When we came up to the cage, one was sitting in the corner, and it jumped out at me and ran into the window! It kept jumping at us, but when we got out the camera, it was a different story. Then the other snow leopard woke up from his nap, and the snow leopards started to playfully fight!

This blog is much longer than my normal blog, but since we’re on the trip, I think my blogs will keep getting longer." 

-the daughter


"Hi everybody! DD here. It’s my first rating of a mini golf course. I had a lot of new experiences. It's my first experience golfing in the snow. I also have never done so good, yet so bad. I got a hole-in-one on a hard shot. It was one where if you get it in the hole, it goes down a tube and out to the real hole. So you face the trouble of it skipping over the hole, even if you get it in on the first shot. I was a little upset because I just got a “4” on the last hole, so I decided to go crazy. I did a bank shot to get there safely, and surprisingly, it went in.

But enough about my amazing shot. Except for my hole-in-one, I didn't do so well. Dad won with a 45. Mom came in second with a 49. Me with a 67 and my sister with a 69. My favorite hole had a bridge over water with no rails at all. It was really tricky because it could roll into the water, but surprisingly my whole family made it with no water balls.

Now onto the ratings: Adventure Miniature Golf Course had three 18 hole courses that are moderately hard. It was a fun course that took skill but still had fun tricks and loops. The customer service was excellent. Over all, I would rate this course a ten clubs out of ten. This is DD signing off."

- the son 

No comments:

Post a Comment