South Dakota - Life in the Fast Lane...of the Alpine Slide


Click For All Our South Dakota Pics and More South Dakota Stuff

In South Dakota you would think there wouldn't be much to do. If you thought that, then you're wrong. South Dakota, surprisingly, has a lot to do. Mainly, we stayed on the western side of the state. We went to Mount Rushmore, drove past Crazy Horse, went down an alpine slide, and ate at Philly Ted's.

Going down the alpine slide was a thrilling experience. When you go down an alpine slide, you can control your speed. Sadly, you can't go too fast, or you'll fly of the tracks. Excluding that fact, it was super fun. You take a fun ski lift to the top. When you get there, you have to choose between the fast track and the slow track. I chose the fast track. It was awesome because of the sights and the speeds.

In South Dakota my favorite restaurant was Subway. We didn't go to many local places; although, we did go to Philly Ted's, which serves Philly cheese steaks. The one reason it's not top dog is they didn't have seating. Going to Subway is our major back up if we don't find anything.

Dinosaur Park is a park that has dinosaur statues. While I would not pay for the park, I liked it. Climbing on top of the statues was my favorite part. Since it is outside, you should only go on a nice day. Sadly, some dinos were too big to climb.

Holy Terror Mini Golf was one of the hardest mini golf's that I have ever been to. Putting up the steep hill is hard enough, but then they throw in rocks and PVC pipes. Mostly, we got a score of three and four each hole. Despite not doing that well, I enjoyed the course. Since this was a challenging course, I give it four out of five stars.

In South Dakota we also went to the Badlands. Even though it was 100 degrees out, I still loved it. Saying it was amazing is an understatement. The landscape had hills and drops. I can't describe how amazing it is: it's so breath taking. Sadly, we couldn't hike, because it was one million degrees.

Mount Rushmore was a nice monument. I have one problem with it though. There's no museum; there's nothing interesting. That's also the problem I have with Crazy Horse. It's just a giant statue. Nothing else is there. They haven't even made much progress in the last sixty years. Mostly, my complaint about Crazy Horse is it's a head. You can see four times the same thing with president’s heads at Mount Rushmore, which does have hiking trails.

South Dakota contains the most beautiful state park, a hard mini golf course, and Mount Rushmore. Being bored is out of the question because I know I enjoyed myself in South Dakota.

Dr. Dorito

No comments:

Post a Comment