Wyoming - Beauty and the Bison


Click For All Our Wyoming Pics and More Wyoming Stuff

We're now working with the boy (aka Dr. Dorito) on his writing.  If you're a teacher, please help us and constructively critique his blog!


Wyoming was one of my favorite states. We went to Devil's Tower. Before that we saw a Gunslinger's show. When we were in Casper, we went to the National Historic Trails Center. Sadly we weren't able to swim in the hot springs. Driving through Yellowstone was superb.

Devil's Tower was extremely fun. Despite the drive, which is about a half a hour, I enjoyed it. If you go to Devil's Tower, you're in for a steep hike, very steep because the only way to get to the top is by rock climbing. They had millions of boulders to climb. I had so much fun leaping from rock to rock.

Olive Garden, not a local restaurant, has the most superb bread sticks ever. After eating there if I had to choose between Subway, which we go to almost every state, and Olive Garden, I would by far pick Olive Garden. When I go there, I order their breadsticks, salad, and chicken tenders. Picking them as top restaurant is a no brainier for me. Sadly our budget cannot include an Olive Garden in each state.

Thinking back, I can't forget playing soccer with Chloe in our hotel room. We took all of our shoes and made a tiny goal. We even used mom and dad's stinky shoes. Because it was a hotel room, we had to use a small ball. Mostly we stood ten feet away and tried to bounce the ball in the goal, which was guarded by a goalie on his knees. Since then we have not played soccer.

Surprising as it is, this Taco John's is a mini golf course, not a taco restaurant. They had a great course with enormous rocks and tubes, like at the bank, but without the suction. Sadly they have one big problem which is bugs. I hate bugs, especially spiders and mosquitoes; however, they mostly had ants. Over all I give it three out of five stars.

At our hotel in Casper we had a blast, or should I say a splash. In Casper we stayed at Holiday Inn which have restaurants instead of free breakfasts. One evening my sister and I went swimming at their pool. In the pool swimming with us were three other kids. After about five minutes Chloe and I got into a splash fight. While Chloe and I were splashing each other, they surprised us and joined in too. Then it was all out warfare. We fought for half an hour, then Chloe and I had to leave.

Yellowstone is one of the most known parks in the country. Personally I've seen better. My problem with Yellowstone was there was no dangerous or exciting stuff. (I'm excluding the buffalo butt which counts for dangerous and exciting.)  Driving through Yellowstone was nice. We got to see the bison and the beauty, but I'm a thirteen year old boy. I don't care about that stuff yet.  I want adventure, danger, and Indians trying to kill you. I want that type of stuff, not "Oh what a beautiful tree."

In Wyoming I got to play soccer, see bison, and soak Chloe and some other kids. Leaving Wyoming was sad because of how much fun I had there. I put Wyoming in my number nine state
.



Dr. Dorito

No comments:

Post a Comment