Maryland - A Suite Time


In Maryland we had a "suite" time, and yes, I will continue doing word plays. Maryland was a busy state. We went to a naval base, stayed at a "suite" hotel, ate at an amazing restaurant, and enjoyed a donut shop.

The Patuxent River Naval Base is, of course, a naval base. The one problem with it is there are no big battleships. I didn't even see a cruiser. Instead they have some awesome planes. We did a Donate Life event with a person whose husband works in the naval base, and he gave us a tour. It was really cool. We saw some radar planes and even some old 1950's fighters. We even were able to go in a old Vietnam airplane refueler, but we had to skedaddle out of it because they were going to take it for a spin. My favorite part was watching some planes traveling at the speed of sound fly overhead.

In Ocean City, Maryland we stayed at a gigantic Holiday Inn next to a boardwalk. It was fourteen stories high. We were upgraded to a corner suite that had two TV's, an ocean view, a kitchenette, and a jacuzzi. My favorite part was of course the jacuzzi, but I also liked falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. Another advantage was the closeness to the beach. Almost every day I went down to the beach with my mom or dad, and we built sand castles. The waves at that beach get really high, and when I say "high," I mean huge. Those three days were probably some of my favorite on the trip.

Another great place we went in Maryland was Pasta Mista. Pasta Mista is an awesome restaurant if you want pizza, pasta, or soup. We went there almost every day that we were in Timonium. They had so many different foods to order. One thing that made them shine was their different flavors. For example they had a chicken ranch pizza. They also had a spaghetti pizza. Another amazing food they had was their tomato basil soup. That was the stuff of legend. It had a little kick along with some soggy croutons, which were delicious, and some tortellini. I usually ordered the chicken ranch New York style pizza along with a cup of tomato basil soup. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone in Timonium.

Fractured Prune is a donut shop that is very popular in Maryland. They carry many good donuts like the OC Sand. They allow you to design your own donut too. We ordered half a dozen donuts, and he baked them fresh for us. We each designed our own and then ordered two predesigned donuts to sample. The donuts weren't bad, but I have to say that when it comes to donuts, Krispy Kreme has spoiled us.

Maryland was yet another beach state.  With all the good pasta and donuts I would put Maryland as one of the "suitest" states yet.

-The Son

No comments:

Post a Comment