Ohio - A Real Blast...Literally and Figuratively!

Click For All Ohio Pics and More Ohio Stuff

Have you ever been to a hockey game that whenever the home team scored they fired a cannon? We did in Ohio. In Ohio we visited a Blue Jackets hockey game, the Columbus Zoo, and my aunt and uncle's house.

The hockey game was so much fun! My uncle works at a ticket station. He gets extra tickets in good seats a lot. Our seats were in a larger area with more space and comfortable chairs. At our seats we also had little TVs that we could watch the hockey game on if we couldn't see it. I think hockey games are definitely my favorite sport to watch. The Blue Jackets didn't win, but each time they scored, someone fired a cannon.

The hockey game was a match between the Blue Jackets and the Red Wings. Now, I know what you're thinking:  Red Wings is a really weird name for a hockey team.  Their mascot was of all things...an octopus! (The Blue Jackets mascot is a cannon because they tried to do the Blue Jackets thing for the Civil War, not yellow jackets wearing blue jackets.)  During little breaks in the game, sometimes they would have kids around eight or nine years old come out on the ice and do a short hockey game.

We went to the Columbus Zoo around Christmas. They had a light show, hot chocolate, Christmas lights, and hot cider. The light show was incredible! One of the songs the lights were coordinated with was from Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I don't know what it is called, but it's my favorite Christmas song. The hot chocolate was delicious! We didn't get to see too many animals since it was nighttime, but we did see monkeys on a playground specially built for them. It looked like a extremely fun playground, so fun I wanted to play on it. Some of the monkeys were playing tag, and that was fun to watch. The Columbus Zoo was the best zoo on the trip!

My favorite part about seeing my aunt, uncle, and cousin, aside from seeing them, was helping them put up their Christmas tree! I had a lot of fun at their house, and we even had some media come out to their house. We had our Thanksgiving meal at my aunt and uncle’s house. The media ran a huge family clip, and out of everyone there, they wanted my dad to stir the potatoes!  (My dad never helps with the Thanksgiving cooking.)

Overall Ohio was amazing! I would recommend going to the Columbus Zoo especially around Christmas and to a hockey game. Oh, I forgot to tell you that the cannon didn't have a real cannonball in it.

-The Daughter

2 comments:

  1. I cracked up at "My uncle works at a ticket station." Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one too, N8! LOL... and, Chlo-girl... what about papa & I??? are we chopped liver or what? ;)

    ReplyDelete