West Virginia - We Couldn't "Bear" to Go Hiking There

Click For All West Virginia Pics and More West Virginia Stuff

Have you ever been to a miniature golf course where each hole represented something from that state? We did in the most surprising state in the whole world...West Virginia! In West Virginia we visited Mountain State Miniature Golf and Greenbrier State Forest, and we ate at Tudor's Biscuit World.

Because Mountain State's mini-golf holes were so unique, that was my favorite course. The holes were not as well maintained as we like them; although, the uniqueness of the holes made up for that. Every hole on the course had something to represent West Virginia. I don't know why this would be in West Virginia, but there was a hole where you had to putt through the toll booths.

Oddly enough at this golf course I bought my second and last mini-golf ball. My first golf ball was from Michigan. At that mini-golf course you pick a ball in the beginning, and when you're done, you get to keep it! That ball had a yellow base but had splotches of purple, pink, and green everywhere. My second mini-golf ball I bought because it had a twenty dollar bill inside a clear coating! (I also bought it because I lost my first ball, but now I found it.) Mountain State Miniature Golf is by far the best mini-golf of the trip!

At Greenbrier State Forest there was a tremendous amount of signs saying "Watch out for Bears" or "Hunting Area."  Those signs scared us quite a bit. We decided to disc golf instead of hiking. The disc golf was pretty fun. Of course I didn't even play.  I just followed along. There were hills made of something like broken up cement, and what I did there was just jump from pile to pile.

I can't believe that someone would name their restaurant Tudor's Biscuit World. Besides the name, the restaurant still wasn't all that good. I do have to admit they were the best biscuits of the trip, but that's because the only other biscuits we've had were at our hotel's free breakfast.

Overall West Virginia was surprisingly fun! I would highly recommend Mountain State Miniature Golf in Beckley, WV, and disc golfing at Greenbrier State Forest in White Sulphur Springs, WV. Even after forty-six states of mini-golf, West Virginia's is still the best.

- The Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment