No Need to Fear...Enamel Man is Here!


Yes, an unfortunate part of leaving for a year is getting all your doctor and dentist appointments done before you go.  My son and I embarked today for his first experience with a dentist's drill and my 12th under the evil enamel grinder.  He supposedly just had an "enamel defect" while I had a full blown cavity.  My son blamed me for both.

"Not only did you NOT brush enough for your own teeth, but your bad genes caused my enamel defect!" he accused me when we left with our diagnosis last time.

"It's your mom's genes that are the problem, son.  My teeth are as strong as ten normal men's.  If it weren't for my super-enamel genes, you'd have silly-putty for teeth!'  I quipped back.

"What's silly putty?"

Man, I feel old.

There's been a number of questions we're dealing with before we leave.  How do we get mail?  What bank should we use?  How will we make deposits or pay bills?  Will we get enough exercise?  Will we get tired of so much fast/junk food...mmmmmm, junk food.  Is the internet everywhere?  (We're on AT&T, the one with the small 3G network but bigger overall network).  Will I look even cooler in a cowboy hat?  Do we all carry mace?

Of course, now I know how we'll make photocopies on the trip.  I'll have the boy use silly putty...he's got to learn the important things.

- Dad

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the son survived his first bout with the evil drill! Just curious.... exactly how many cavities does your wife have? Be thankful that the son got his mom's tooth enamel (courtesy of papa's side, not nana's)! LOL

    ReplyDelete