Baby Llama Drama


When you're traveling, entertainment in the hotel or RV is limited.  We'll be bringing some games and, thanks to Redbox and iTunes, movies are taken care of.  There's also some down time, however, when you just need to curl up with a book.  We all have Kindle for PCs so we may be curling up to a laptop or my iPhone to read, which none of us, frankly, are used to just yet.  So this week, we asked the kids what their favorite books were and why.  Here's the 9 year old daughter:

"My favorite book series is called The Red Rock Mysteries. It is my favorite book series because it's about kids that are twins named Ashley and Bryce, and they are kind of close to my age. I also like it because it has a lot of mysteries and because it's very realistic. Also Ashley and Bryce are Christians just like me, and on the inside of Ashley's locker at school there is a sticker that stands for, "What would Jesus do?"

In the last book I read they were llama-sitting. One night when they were watching the llamas somebody came and stole the llamas. They chased after them, and eventually they saved the llamas. In the end of the book they were given a baby llama, and they named it Rescue.

P.S. Llamas hum when they’re scared. When one of the llamas was humming it sounded like Amazing Grace, so they renamed that llama Amazing Grace."

-the daughter

1 comment:

  1. wow, I learned something new.... never knew there was a Kindle for PC's... with some free stuff. cool. :)

    ReplyDelete