Literature of the Highly Educated

This was a bigger question for our 12 year old son.  He's an unstoppable reader with usually more than one book going at once (the book he's reading for school and then the book he wants to read).  He loves studying  history and especially battles and the strategies used in war.  In fact, when I have a question of when something took place in history, I ask him because my history education stank.  (It's easier to blame my education than to admit I can't remember.)  So when we asked him what favorite book he wants to be reading on the trip, we pondered what great historical classic it might be..what deep thinking book of life's lessons would he impress the world with in his blog?  Turns out his answer hasn't changed in the last five years:

"My favorite books are the Star Wars books. They have many different authors. They’re all really good though.

My favorite Star Wars series so far is called The Thrawn Trilogy. It's action packed with lots of battles and strategies. It's about how there is a last Grand Admiral of the Empire. He's this brilliant strategist, so Luke and the New Republic have to figure out how to beat him.

The reason why I enjoy these books is because I love all the battles and the adventure. They are very well written, and it feels like you’re actually there.

May the force be with you."

- the son

No comments:

Post a Comment