Be a Hero - Register as an Organ Donor

The reason we're taking this trip for a year to see all the Best Places In The USA is so, in each state, we can encourage people to register as organ donors.  There are over 105,000 people waiting for transplants right now and about 18 die every day.  You can sign up in your state at:  http://donateLife.BestPlacesInTheUSA.com.

We took a serious moment to ask our daughter why she's glad her dad received a transplant:

"If my daddy didn't have a kidney and pancreas transplant he would probably be dead. I don't know what I would do without him. We wouldn't go to Kalahari anymore and go on all the water slides. We wouldn't be going out to restaurants. Life wouldn't be right without him.

We wouldn't get to hang out together. Nobody would laugh as much. I wouldn't get to play Super Mario Bros with him. I wouldn't get good grades anymore because whenever he says, "It's an A day" I always get good grades. When he doesn't, then I don't get good grades. I would just cry if he wasn't alive because I love him. He's the best daddy in the world!"

- the daughter

[If you need a less serious moment after that one, check out our new commercial at www.BestPlacesInTheUSA.com. Click on the YouTube icon]


No comments:

Post a Comment