The Best Part of Homeschooling...Lunch!

We, of course, also asked the boy of his opinion of being homeschooled.  He's had the opportunity to attend "regular" school before we started homeschooling so has a bit more of a basis for his opinion.  He is also very much like his dad in that many of his choices are based on food (which is why we need your help here to tell us where to eat across the country).  I still remember dreading Tuesdays in grade school.  Tuesday was Turkey Tetrazzini day - cold, stale noodles with that gristle on the meat you can't chew - disgusting...  We used to stick the noodles under the table to see how long they would be there.  Anyway here's what he had to say about homeschooling...  

"I LOVE HOMESCHOOLING. Where else can you stay in your pajamas all school year? It's also a great excuse to get a laptop, that not only can be used for school purposes but also for playing purposes.

Some other great reasons are that I can wake up at nine thirty in the morning. Also, during lunch I can listen to Adventure in Odyssey on my laptop. Speaking of lunch, another advantage is the food. Yup, no mystery meat for me. I'm eating a hot grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup and hot chocolate for dessert.

There are probably thousands more reasons to love homeschooling that I just can't think of right now. This is Dr. D signing off."

-the son

No comments:

Post a Comment