Car-schooling

365 days on the road means you're suddenly a homeschool (or carschool) teacher.  We decided to try it out well before the trip so we would know if it was even feasible for us to teach our kids.  It's feasible (and we're far from geniuses...well technically, the mom did test out as a genius when she was applying to be an airline pilot...long story.  Now that I mention it, I married a genius and a cheerleader which is fun for me to brag about at parties...but I digress)  We are also in the excellent position of living in a great school district where the kids have played on sports teams and are able to take classes.

Anyway, this week we asked the kids what they thought about being homeschooled:  

"My favorite thing about home schooling is I get to spend time with my mom and dad.  I can also finish school early and play with my other home schooling friends.  We also get to have lunch whenever we want. We wouldn't have laptops if we didn't home school. Our laptops were bought just for school, but we are allowed to do other stuff on them such as write blogs and play games. Sorry I can't write any more it would break my streak of short blogs."

- the daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment