Alaska - A Whale of a Time


Click for all our Alaska pics and other AK stuff!

Alaska, which we cruised to, was great.  The cruise was amazingly fun. I spent most of my time in the kids’ area. 

If you’re wondering what my animal was in Alaska, it was both whales and eagles. I saw one whale spout, and I even saw one jump. At port in Alaska we went for a walk to see eagles. We looked for the street that the eagles were on, but we didn't see it. Then finally my mom looked at the map and realized that we had walked too far. We turned around and found the street which was actually wooden stairs, but we didn't see any eagles. We looked around a little bit more, and we saw a couple of eagles. 

We named one Edna. 

My favorite memory was getting my picture taken with a Mountie. I know that sounds weird, but the boat docked in Canada too. My favorite restaurant in Alaska was called Versailles. I tried really weird food there like roasted pumpkin and fried octopus. The roasted pumpkin didn’t taste good, but the fried octopus tasted just like onion rings. 

The best thing in Alaska was hiking in Skagway. My favorite part was sitting on the rocks watching the waves lap up on the rocks. That’s all I have to say about Alaska. Bye!

- Chloe, the daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment