Minnesota - 10,000 Lakes But Only Three Fish


Click For All Our Minnesota Pics and More Minnesota
 Stuff

Have you ever driven a pontoon boat on a Minnesota lake? With my driving skills you better wear your life vest. In this northern state we did three things. We stayed at a superb hotel, went fishing, and visited relatives.

Minnesota is home to one of my favorite hotels: Holiday Inn at Detroit Lakes. Our room had a nice balcony overlooking the lake. Almost every night my family would sit on the balcony and watch the sunset while we ate our microwaved s'more Pop Tarts.

Staying there I experienced several new things. My favorite was fishing off a pontoon boat. Fishing is one of my favorite past times, so naturally I jump at every chance to go fishing. We were fishing in Detroit Lakes, and Dad and I were in a competition. I caught the first fish. Then he caught one. It was intense. Finally after five hours, Dad won: four fish to three fish.

Also at the Holiday Inn they had bikes, so you could ride them. My family and I hopped on the bikes and started out on our mission to ride around the lake. On the first try I got a loose chain, so we had to postpone until after lunch. The second try we biked five hundred miles around Detroit Lakes - at least that's what it felt like. That was the most tired I've ever been in my life, but that was nothing compared to being attacked by millions of dogs.

My dad has relatives that live in Minnesota. One of them whom we visited has one million dogs minus 999,997. Now I wasn't bitten or anything, just attacked by three slobbery tongues. I'm a dog lover, and
since we're on this trip we have not been able to own a dog because we can't fit it one in our van. Since we don't own a dog, that made my aunt's house that much better. Playing fetch with their dogs was the most fun I had. They also own three cats. One of them, named Rocky, reminds me of a cat that would come by our old house in Lincoln, Illinois. That made Rocky my favorite cat. Another relative we visited showed us my family time line.

Minnesota is an extraordinarily fun place. Because I was able to go fishing, Minnesota rocks. One problem is I don't think I could live there because of their winters. After three years I might get used to it though. Speaking of three years, that's the amount of time it will take to stop driving on water and start driving on roads.

The Son

No comments:

Post a Comment