Michigan - No Bailout for us in Detroit

Click For All Michigan Pics and More Michigan Stuff

In Michigan I saw the most cars I've ever seen in one state, but it wasn't traffic. I saw them in a museum. Below I will be talking about a zoo, an event at GM, and Henry Ford Museum.

In every state I want to see an animal that I don't usually get to see. My animal for Michigan was of course at the Detroit Zoo. The river otters there were so cute! I could watch them all day, maybe even all year! Did you know that river otters set their food on their stomachs before eating it? The zoo keeper would throw the food. Then the river otters would grab it, put it on their stomach, and eat. I bought a really cute plush river otter. I named him Michy because I bought him in Michigan.

They had a butterfly room at the zoo, but it was really hot. A butterfly landed on my shoulder. It didn't stay on my shoulder very long, but the moment it was on my shoulder was amazing! I saw a couple of orange, black, and yellow butterflies, but my favorite butterfly was blue with a black outline. It was really cool! Another butterfly was yellow and red.

At GM we were signing people up as organ donors. My aunt works there, so we went during lunch break so more people would see us and come to our table. We had stickers and cookies for people that signed up. It was fun for an event but wasn't very fun as something fun. I do have to remember that it was helpful though. Somebody could have a whole new life because of the people that signed up that day. It's very important to become an organ donor. You could save eight lives and change fifty others. All I'm trying to say is, "Sign up to be an organ donor. You could save multiple lives."

The Ford Museum was interesting but not my favorite place in the world. There were hundreds of old and new cars there. There was a big line of vehicles from the bike to our newest Ford cars. There was also a paper airplane station. We made a bunch of paper airplanes. Then we tested them. I think Dad won.

Overall Michigan was an okay state, but I don't really want to live there. I’d like to return to see my aunt, though. Maybe our van will still be in good enough shape to drive there. Sorry Henry, but ours is a Chrysler.

- The Daughter



1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I’ve included it on a site I’ve created, which is a compilation of some of the best blogs in the city.

    Best of Blogs Detroit
    http://bestofblogsdetroit.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete