Pennsylvania - More Chocolate Than One Boy Can Eat

Click For All Pennsylvania Pics and More Pennsylvania Stuff


Have you ever had pizza that isn't pizza? In Pennsylvania we experienced the best pizza ever. Pennsylvania also had Hershey Park, a zoo, and of course, Philadelphia.

Hershey Park is an amusement park. I went on as many extreme coasters as I could. My favorite coaster was a wooden coaster. It was so fast that it could have beaten a racecar. What made it more fun was it was also bumpy since it was wooden. The bumpiness made it louder than a racecar too. Luckily we went on a day when there was a celebrity speaker. Everyone was at the speaker and not at the park. One ride we didn't go on had an hour and a half wait. It was definitely the most extreme ride there.

Hershey also has Chocolate World. Chocolate World is centered around chocolate. My favorite thing there was making my own Hershey bar. You have to pay to make one, but it's really cool. When you first walk in, there's a screen that takes you through designing your chocolate bar. First you pick your type of flavor chocolate, dark chocolate, or cookies and cream. Then you choose from different fillings and decide if you want sprinkles or not. After that, you watch your bar get fillings dumped in and go through a ten minute freeze to harden the chocolate. While it freezes, you can design your label with your name on it. After that, it's ready to eat. It was one of the best bars I have ever had. Warning: don't eat it all at once, because it made even me sick of chocolate.

We also went on a free chocolate tour. It was neat. It was thirty minutes and shows how the chocolate is made. My favorite part was some cows singing "It's the milk chocolate."  After the tour, they give you a tiny chocolate bar.

Chloe wanted to go to their zoo. It was not the best zoo I have ever been to. They had several buildings for different animals. One building had nocturnal animals, and another had desert animals. My favorite exhibit contained tarantulas. 

The pizza at Arcaro and Genell's was amazing. We had a double crust pizza which means crust on the bottom and crust on the top. They had spices inside that made it even better. I even loved the spinach double crust! The uniqueness of the pizza alone makes this a must eat. I would definitely go back if I could.

Philadelphia has lots of historic things to do. We went to the Liberty Bell. It was really neat seeing the crack. We also went on a tour to Independence Hall. I enjoyed seeing where the first Continental Congress held session. The tour lacked interesting stories though.

Pennsylvania was a really fun state on the fun meter. With pizza, Hershey, and Philadelphia, we were busy. Now can anyone give me a slice of pizza that’s not really pizza?

The Son

No comments:

Post a Comment