Massachusetts - A Rockin' Good Time



The rock, that I thought would rock, didn't rock, and the rocks, that I thought wouldn't rock, rocked. In Massachusetts we visited Plymouth Rock, an extremely awesome hike, Cape Cod Potato Chips, and a cranberry farm.

Plymouth Rock didn't exactly rock. It was a rock, but it was just like any rock. It wasn't anymore exciting than a regular rock. It's a rock that's half in the water and surrounded by pillars. We did get to look around on a replica of the Mayflower. Now that was pretty cool! There were a few people acting like they traveled on the Mayflower. They were dressed up in old-time costumes.

The rocks that I thought would be boring were awesome. In Massachusetts we went on the best hike in the world! I have no idea what it was called, but it was awesome! On the hike we had to jump from rock to rock to get across an inlet. We were supposed to be going to a lighthouse (the inlet was the only way to get to the lighthouse), but we didn't want to be stuck on the island because of high tide. We decided to turn around. Jumping from rock to rock, I dropped my shoe in between two rocks. It was really deep, but fortunately I was able to grab my shoe. Levi and I had a extremely fun time jumping from rock to rock (except for when I dropped my shoe).

Cape Cod Potato Chips are amazing. The factory was far from amazing, but the chips themselves are out of this world! The factory was boring because it was short and not very explanatory. The assembly line wasn't even moving when we were there. My favorite flavor was called Parmesan Garlic.

The cranberry farm was interesting, but it wasn't harvest time. They had a big machine that separates the good and bad cranberries. Good cranberries bounce and the bad cranberries don't bounce. We bought cranberry flavored powder that you put in water, and then it tastes like cranberries. The reason we bought it was because it very portable.

Massachusetts was an okay state, but I do not want to go back because I have better places to go. I would highly recommend the extremely awesome hike to the lighthouse and getting a bag of Cape Cod Potato Chips. What I've learned from Massachusetts is never judge a rock by its history or look.

The Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment