Maine - No One was Crabby, Just Lobstery

Click For All Maine Pics and More Maine Stuff

Have you ever seen a spider as big as a refrigerator? Okay, maybe that was a little bit of a exaggeration. I'll tell you how big it really is in the next paragraph. In Maine we stayed in a cottage for a few days, went out on a lobster boat, tackled eating a lobster, and visited Acadia National Park.

In Maine we "lived" at a cottage for the week instead of a hotel . The cottage was very nice except there was one problem: spiders everywhere! We found one spider that was as big as a huge moth! Even though it was infested with spiders, we still had a great time at the cottage because we played a ton of games. Every morning my Mom and I would go out for a walk around town. One day we went across a little footbridge, and I realized how fun kicking an apple is. There was also a parking lot across the street that no one really used, so Levi and I played volleyball. (I won most of the volleyball games we played.)

When we were at the cottage, my Mom made my favorite kind of chicken. It's called Mediterranean Chicken. I think it's my favorite chicken because it has a lot of olives in it, and I love olives. Also I think it's my favorite chicken because the sauce is delicious!

The lobster boat wasn't exactly a lobster boat. It was more of a tour in a boat that tries and fails to catch lobster. They try very hard to catch lobster, but they just don't catch any. It was pretty boring. Levi and I had to entertain ourselves. We had to play I Spy. It was really hard because we could only spy in the boat because we were moving so fast.

Lobster tastes horrible! It's fun to rip apart, but it tastes horrible! We were told that in Maine we had to eat lobster, and we found a restaurant that everybody recommended, so we decided to try it out. Levi actually was able to hold the lobster when it was still alive. I didn't hold the lobster because it's just wrong.  If you hold it, you're holding something that you're going to eat.

Acadia National Park was the absolute best! It was the most challenging hike I've ever been on. It wasn't that challenging for me, but my Mom and Dad had a hard time climbing all the steep rocks. Acadia National Park had a beautiful sight everywhere you went.

In Maine I would highly recommend Acadia National Park, lobster if you're a seafood fan, and getting a cottage for a few days (just watch out for huge spiders). In Maine we had a really fun time. I would like to go back to Maine, but definitely not live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment