New Hampshire - Holy Mackerel!

Click For All New Hampshire Pics and More New Hampshire Stuff

What's a mackerel fish's favorite food? Mac and scales! (Instead of mac and cheese) In New Hampshire we went fishing, but the only fish we caught were mackerel and incredibly scaly. Because we went on that fishing trip, my hands had more scales than you could ever imagine! We also visited Franconia Notch State Park and spent a day at Melt Away.

The fishing trip was pretty fun, but definitely not as good as the fishing trip in Rhode Island. Levi and I caught a million mackerel! We were originally fishing for big fish, but the employee who was very nice let us fish for mackerel because we couldn't catch any big fish. We had a contest that whoever caught ten mackerel first, won a free candy bar. Levi won that contest, but then the employee and I played again, and I won. My mom caught one mackerel and my dad caught none, but my dad didn't get a chance to fish for mackerel.

Franconia Notch State Park, which was beautiful, had an amazing hike. My favorite part about the hike was the caves. They had two very small caves. One cave was a bear cave, and the other cave was a wolf cave. The bear cave was small for a bear and was a dead end. The only way out was either the way you went in or a hole on the side of the roof. The hole was a triangular shape but very small. I quickly slipped through the hole because I like challenging experiences.

The wolf cave was extremely small and challenging. I could barely fit through it. The cave, which was pitch black, was long and narrow. There was a small slit to get out, but you couldn't get out without getting your hands muddy.  My dad didn't have as much fun because he's claustrophobic.

Melt Away, a delicious restaurant, is a family owned business and has great customer service. They have great sandwiches, amazing ice cream, and awesome pasta salad. We spent a day at Melt Away signing up people as organ donors.

Overall New Hampshire was an okay state, but I don't really want to live there. I would recommend Franconia Notch State Park if you're not claustrophobic; Melt Away if you like sandwiches, ice cream, and pasta salad; and the fishing trip if you're okay with still finding scales on your hands three months after fishing for mackerel.

The Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment