New Hampshire - More Mackerel Than You Can Shake a Stick at...

Click For All New Hampshire Pics and More New Hampshire Stuff

In New Hampshire we had some ice cream that just melted away. That is because we ate the ice cream at Melt Away. In New Hampshire we also ate at Green Ginger and fished in the Atlantic Ocean.

Green Ginger is a Chinese restaurant found in Tilton, New Hampshire. Besides Panda Express the only other Chinese or Japanese restaurant we have eaten at are in malls. When I walked in, I was really surprised that it was a fancy, sit down restaurant. The food was over priced and not worth the price. We ordered three different chicken dishes. Two of them were labeled spicy but were disappointingly bland. The best type of chicken was the pineapple chicken. It had a nice, juicy taste and was very moist. I would rather just go to another food court Chinese restaurant than eat there again.

Another restaurant we ate at in Tilton was Melt Away. When you walk into Melt Away, it seems more like a house, but it's actually an amazing restaurant. Melt Away serves ice cream, sandwiches, soup, and pasta salads. I ordered a kid's meal which came with a sandwich, pasta salad, and ice cream. My chicken tenders were very good. I liked the sauce that I ordered with them. I am not a big pasta salad fan, but I enjoyed my pasta salad at Melt Away. Finally my ice cream was super amazing! I ordered a mousse like vanilla ice cream with super large chunks of Reese's peanut butter cups. You had to take two bites for some of the Reese's because they were so big. Another reason I like Melt Away is they held a Donate Life event with us. If you had come in when we were there, you could have gotten a free scoop of ice cream if you had registered to be an organ donor.

In New Hampshire we went fishing. The boat was as clean as any fishing boat can be. The only big fish caught by anyone on the entire boat was at the very beginning. Other than that Chloe and I were the only ones to catch fish, and we only caught small fish. One of the crew trained us in mackerel fishing. Mackerel are really dumb fish, so you just need a fake fish, shake it around in the water, and they bite. Chloe, a crew member, and I had a mackerel fishing contest. I won, of course, with no competition. I think without the mackerel fishing, the trip would have been really terrible. The company had no fishing spots. They just fished where everyone else fished. Since we only caught some small fish, I would probably just fish in another state.

New Hampshire was an exiting state. We ate and fished. I enjoyed the eating the most. I think if I eaten any more though, I would have melted away.

The Son  

No comments:

Post a Comment