Vermont - Not for the Lactose Intolerant

Click For All Vermont Pics and More Vermont Stuff

Have you ever been outside fishing - wearing a sweater with a hood up but no shoes? I did in Vermont. In Vermont we stayed at a log cabin. We visited Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory, the Cabot cheese factory, and an amazing lasagna restaurant called Bove's.

The cabin we stayed at was really fun. Nobody had stayed in it recently though. There was a ton of large spiders. In the cabin there was a downstairs and an upstairs. We never really went down there, but sometimes Levi and I would go down to shoot rubber bands at each other. We also had a huge backyard! We played a ton of games at the cabin, like Scrabble, Taboo, Pictionary, and Solitaire.

There was a lake right next to the cabin, so we also went fishing a lot! We never caught anything, but it was still fun. One day it was so cold, I went outside to fish in a sweater with my hood up but no shoes. My toes were so cold I felt like they were going to freeze! Levi and I slept upstairs in a room with two beds. The very first night we went to bed we saw a spider which was huge! Luckily my dad had a brand new pair of flip-flops which he used to kill the spider. We nicknamed that pair of flip-flops The Spider Killers.

Ben & Jerry's ice cream was the best ice cream I've ever tasted! My favorite flavor was called Milk and Cookies. It was awesome! The tour was cool too because I was able to sample an ice cream flavor.

One of my favorite places at Ben & Jerry's was the Ice Cream Graveyard. The Ice Cream Graveyard was all of the old flavors that weren't getting bought. Some of them sounded really good.  Aloha Macadamia is made of milk chocolate cashew butter ice cream with macadamia nuts covered in white and dark fudge and a touch of milk chocolate. Here's another one that I wish I could have tried Apple Crumble which is made of brown sugar ice cream with cinnamon, apples, and a little bit of caramel.

The Cabot cheese factory wasn't the best, but we were able to sample about everything they made there. They had tons of products such as cheese, maple syrup, cheese shake, and chip dip. My favorite item was the cheese shake. Cheese shake has the same texture as parmesan cheese, but cheese shake tastes better. I usually put cheese shake on popcorn, but some people put it on vegetables or pasta. Cabot's regular cheese doesn't taste as good as the cheese shake. In my opinion Walmart's cheese tastes better than Cabot's regular cheese.

Since we're in hotel rooms every night, we watch a lot of TV. Because it always has a good show on, our favorite channel is Food. One of the shows is called Throwndown with Bobby Flay. There is also a show called Iron Chef America. Bobby Flay is an Iron Chef. He's my favorite because I've only seen him lose once or twice. On Throwdown with Bobby Flay that's a different story.  On that show I've only seen him win once or twice. Throwdown with Bobby Flay is a show where Flay challenges somebody who has a restaurant and a really great recipe. Then he makes the same thing that the restaurant that he challenged is making but with his own twist. Each of their foods are judged. The judges pick the food item that was the best.

Bove's is a restaurant that was challenged in a throwdown. Bove's won, and I can see why. Their lasagna was out of this world! It was the second best lasagna I've ever tasted! (The best lasagna I've ever tasted is my grandma's.) I think I liked Bove's lasagna so much because it was really saucy, and it wasn't too cheesy or chewy.

Overall Vermont was one of my favorite states. I would highly recommend staying at a cabin that has been used recently. I would also recommend Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Cabot cheese shake, and Bove's. With all that good stuff, the only thing I was scared about was the fish would bite my toes because I wasn't wearing shoes while fishing.

The Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment