Vermont - Tour de Vermont

Click For All Vermont Pics and More Vermont Stuff

Vermont was a state to remember because we toured a teddy bear factory. In Vermont we did several fun things. We toured Ben & Jerry's and the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory. We also stayed at a cottage and toured Cabot Creamery Visitor's Center.

Ben & Jerry's ice cream is some of the best ice cream ever. When you tour their factory, you are able to sample some of their flavors. One of the flavors I sampled was Milk and Cookies which was super good. The tour itself was okay. You watch a movie and look at all the machinery. I was slightly bored, but at the end the samples made it worthwhile.

Vermont Teddy Bear Factory is self explanatory. You walk in, and they have teddy bears that are big and small. They even have a teddy bear that smells like popcorn. The tour walks you around the factory while showing you all the machines. We went there when they weren't really making bears, so all we saw were completely still machines. They did have some funny parts though. Aside from the bear jokes which were unBEARable, they had a hospital for bears and a giant bear which you could control with a string.

The cottage we stayed at was very large and next to a lake. It had four bedrooms, three bathrooms, two kitchens, and a partridge in a pear tree. Almost every day Chloe and I would go down to the lake to throw rocks at my flip flops to try to sink them in the shallow water. We also played fencing with the plastic bats they provided for us. Sadly though it rained most of the time, so we had to play inside. That was okay because aside from school I was able to play with my army men. I usually set them up and then shot them down with rubber bands.

One of the big problems at the cottage was the spiders. We saw some that were bigger than my thumb. I even lost sleep just thinking about them freely crawling all over my body. I am not that scared of spiders, but when they get bigger than my thumb, I get uneasy. This is what I call the Rule of Thumb. One thing I loved about the cottage was the kitchen because I was able to make my chipotle sandwiches. This is one of my favorite sandwiches ever. I also loved the kitchen table because we played many games on it.  My favorite of which was Scrabble.

Cabot Creamery Visitor's Center is the factory where they make Cabot cheese. We went there and were able to tour the factory. The tour itself was really cold and lame. We did see some curds and whey being stirred though, but what pulled the tour through yet again was the free samples. They had about fifteen cheeses that you could try. If you're not a fan of cheese, like me, then you can try their jellies or spicy mustard. My favorite thing though was their sprinkle cheese. You can put it on anything, but I say it goes best on popcorn.

Vermont was a state of tours. We toured Cabot, a teddy bear factory, and Ben & Jerry's. The highlight though was snuggling with my teddy bear in the cottage where he protected me from giant spiders.

The Son

No comments:

Post a Comment