Washington D.C. - There's a New Star in Town


Have you ever walked twenty-five thousand steps in one day while you were sick? I did in Washington D.C., and my feet hurt so badly once we were finished! In D.C. we went to the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the White House, the Spy Museum, and the Fox News studio.

The Washington Monument was amazing! They used to let you walk up or down the stairs, but people started carving stuff into the walls. Now the only way up or down (if there's not an emergency) is the elevator. It was a beautiful view at the top.

Reaching the top of the stairs at the Lincoln Memorial made me pant like a dog who just ran twenty miles.  After all I was sick.  Lincoln was huge! Because the Lincoln Memorial was in one of my favorite movies, I enjoyed it more than I would have if I didn't watch Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. I loved just sitting on the steps looking at the Washington Monument.

Walking into the White House was weird and exciting at the same time. To think that you're walking on the same ground that the most famous person in the United States walks on is incredible. We saw the Green Room, the Red Room, the Blue Room, and the dining room. Seriously, I'm not kidding about all the rooms with colors for their names. The weird thing was you couldn't bring anything into the White House not even chapstick, but you could bring any kind of umbrella you wanted. Which do you think is more dangerous: chapstick or a pointy umbrella?

At first I didn't think that I was really going to like the Spy Museum, but it was unbelievable!  After you pay, you go into the briefing room and watch a short movie. Then you come out into a room with a bunch of different names on the walls, and you find one to memorize.  After a few minutes they take you into another room that shows you different spy stuff like picking locks, finding hidden messages, and blending in with the general public. I was expecting to go on some sort of secret mission. They also had a little tunnel with a window to crawl through, but you had to avoid being seen through the window. If we had enough time, we would have gone on a GPS mission where you go around D.C. looking for different clues to solve a "mystery."

Live TV wasn't new, but being in studio was awesome! They talked to my dad for a minute or two, then they flipped over to Levi and I.  We were the stars of the show. My mom said that it's because it means more coming from kids then it does coming from adults. I guess I believe her, but I also think it's because I'm so much more adorable than them!

Over all D.C. was pretty fun. I would definitely recommend the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the White House, and the Spy Museum. Remember don't go to D.C. when you're sick or when your feet, legs, or knees are sore.

-The Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment