365 Day Trip Preparation – Chapter 8 Keeping Track of Stuff

I should have been a Boy Scout. At least, I’m hoping that I’m that prepared! We have 4 places that we are storing things. To keep everything straight, I’ve created a spreadsheet which has 4 columns. I’ve numbered each box or container, so column one lists the box number. Around box 23, I started describing the box, realizing that it would be easier to locate box 57 – a red Rubbermaid, than just box 57 in a sea of Rubbermaids.  

The 2nd column lists where the container is stored, and the 3rd column lists generally what is inside, for example “kitchen.” The last column gives a more detailed listing of what is inside: “cooling racks, muffin tins, cookie sheets.”

I’m hoping that if we need anything on the trip, we’ll be able to easily locate it. I just wonder what will be so important that we need to call the "stuff keepers" and ask them to locate a box for us? Find box 48 – a clear container and send us the winter hats and gloves?? Find box 62 – a green Rubbermaid and FedEx us the toilet plunger?? Find box 21 – uh, no idea which one it is! Ship us the instruction manual for the camcorder!

I guess if I were truly a Boy Scout, I’d have thought of all these things in advance and brought them on the trip…

Be prepared!
-The Mom

(Since she can't earn a real Boy Scott badge because...well, she's a girl, I have granted the Mom an honorary badge of love for her 18 years of undying dedication, beauty, and love in a mutually serving relationship with me, her husband.  Now I need to get one more Rubbermade ready...one for her to throw up in when she reads that last sentence.)

No comments:

Post a Comment